Friday, August 17, 2012

Post 76-Katherine Hepburn



Today I'm doing my blog on Katherine Hepburn since her movies have been on TCM all day and I've been really inspired by her acting.Katherine Hepburn was born on May 12,1907 in Hartford, Connecticut.Katherine grew up in Connecticut and had parents who taught her to exercise freedom of speech and to stand up for what's right.She stayed close to her family her whole life and often said that the foundation of her success as an actress was because of her parents.At a young age Katherine was very interested in the acting/movies and went to see one every Saturday with her friends.When Katherine found her older brother Tom, dead on April 3,1921 she was devastated.She (at the time) a teenager began to become shielded and distant.She dropped out of Oxford school and started receiving a private tutor.She also from then on used Toms birthday as her own,not coming out about her real birthday date until 1991.In 1924 she started going to Bryn Mawr College and didn't like the experience but was in a couple college plays before graduating with a degree in history and philosophy in June 1928.She then decided to pursue a career in acting.She did several acting things before making her break-through, thanks to her role in a production of The Warrior's Husband.Her first film was A Bill of Divorcement.She then went on to become a very successful actress winning a total of four Academy Awards.She is an actress I've always known and looked up to and I always will.She is truly amazing and I love her!!! My two favorite movie with her in them are Women of The Year and The Lion and the Witch.Today my quotes will be from her to thank her for inspiring me!!


"As for me, prizes are nothing. My prize is my work."-Katharine Hepburn



"Death will be a great relief. No more interviews."-Katharine Hepburn
(Katherine did die on June 29th,2003.She was never afraid of death and when she did die she requested there be no memorial service and that her stuff be held for auction.She was-or she seemed to be-fearless which I also love about her.Always brave!)

"I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun."-Katharine Hepburn


"I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are really there because they're good or there because they're lucky."-Katharine Hepburn

"If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun."-Katharine Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment