Sunday, August 12, 2012

Post 71-Loretta Young

10 years ago a wonderful and beautiful actress died.That actress was Loretta Young and boy will we and have we missed her!Loretta was born in Salt Lake City on January 6th,1913(her birth name was Gretchen Young).She and her family moved to Hollywood when she was three and was in her first film the same year.During her high school years she was signed to  a contract by John McCormick, husband of Colleen Moore.Colleen was the one who gave her her stage name, Loretta.

 Loretta young starred in over a hundred movies from 1917- 1959. In 1948 she won an Academy Award as best actress in leading role for the movie The Farmers Daughter and in 1950 nominated for another academy award for her role in Come To The Stable. After Come To The Stable Loretta took a break from Movies and went into television. Hosting and starring in a TV show called The Loretta Young Show,which ran from 1953 to 1961. According to Wikipedia-"Her program ran in prime time on NBC for eight years, the longest-running prime-time network program hosted by a woman up to that time."She got three Emmys for the show.The show came back two more times,First time as Loretta Young Theatre in daytime by NBC from 1960 to 1964,and,second time as The New Loretta Young Show,which lasted a season.


Loretta devoted herself to helping charities and churches during her life and always wanted to help. She was a wonderful actress,a beautiful and lovely person.I love her acting and think she is fantastic.Even though she is dead(died from ovarian cancer) her spirit and love will always live on! Today in honor of Loretta and her life my quotes will be from her.



"A charming woman... doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself."-Loretta Young
















"As an actress, emotions are my business, my stock-in-trade. As such, I've dealt with them nearly all my life."-Loretta Young


"I believe in living today. Not in yesterday, nor in tomorrow."-Loretta Young



"I believe in the Golden Rule. I believe in practicing it."-Loretta Young



"I believe that prayer is our powerful contact with the greatest force in the universe."-
Loretta Young


"I believe you have to nurture your conscience."-

Loretta Young





"I'm grateful to God for His bountiful gifts... He gave me courage and faith in myself."-
Loretta Young










No comments:

Post a Comment