Thursday, August 16, 2012

Post 75-Happy birthday Madonna


"I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams."-Madonna Ciccone

Today is Madonna's birthday.I'm so happy I'm doing my blog on one of my favorite artist.Madonna Louise Ciccone was born in Bay City,Michigan ,on August 16th,1958, and grew up the Detroit suburbs of Pontiac and Avon Township.Her mother died of breast cancer when she was five and never really got what was going on has a child.And it took her while after her moms death to get that her mother was really gone.Which was extremely hard for a 5 year old child to go through and has effected her throughout her life.She was a very smart girl,but also crazy, in high school and after graduating from high school she received a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan.She begged her father to allow her to take ballet lessons and was persuaded by her dance teacher to pursue her career as a dancer.So she dropped out of college and with little money she moved to New York and worked at Dunkin donuts and started to work as a back-up dancer for other artists.Her album debut "Everybody" was released on April 24 1982 and was a hit.From there on Madonna was famous.She has done sooo many successful and great things in her career that I can't even talk about it in one blog posts but she has inspired way more people than she will ever get in awards.She has inspired me and millions of other people.She is truly a blessing and one of my most favorite artist.She has taught me to always be yourself,to pursue your dream no matter what,to always vogue,and to always celebrate life.And today I celebrate the life of her.If it wasn't for her I don't know if I would be such a good choreographer and have so many ideas in my head at once.She inspires me to vogue and throughout her career she certainly has.Today in honor of the unbelievable artist,dancer, entertainer and wonderful person,Madonna,my quotes will be from her.






"A beautiful woman can be painted as a totem only; not as a woman, but as a Madonna, a queen, a sphinx."-Saul Steinberg














"I go to Malawi twice a year. It's where two of my children were adopted from, and I have a lot of projects there that I go and check up on and children who I look after. It's sort of a commitment that I've made to this country and the hundreds of thousands of children there who have been orphaned by AIDS."-Madonna Ciccone
                                                                                                                                                         

"I always felt like I was a freak when I was growing up and that there was something wrong with me because I couldn't fit in anywhere."-Madonna Ciccone
"If I was a girl again, I would like to be like my fans, I would like to be like Madonna."-Madonna Ciccone




 "Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another."-Madonna Ciccone  




No comments:

Post a Comment