Thursday, August 9, 2012

Post 68-Whitney Houston






Today is Whitney Houstons birthday!!! Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on August 9th,1963 in Newark,New Jersey.She was the 2nd child of her dad (John Russell Houston, Jr.) and her Mom (gospel singer Cissy Houston).Whitney grew up in New Jersey and  throughout her childhood was influenced by gospel, rhythm and blues, pop, and soul genres of music.Her honorary aunt and idol was the famous singer Aretha Franklin.At age eleven she was in a junior gospel choir at her church and learned how to play the piano.When she was a teenager she went to school at Mount Saint Dominic Academy.A catholic school for girls in Caldwell, New Jersey were she met her best friend Robyn Crawford.During teenage years she also was a background singer,a model,and worked with her mom.She was getting recording offers right away but her mom said she couldn't sign anything until she finished high school. Whitney Houston was also influenced and exposed to the music of  Chaka Khan, Gladys Knight, and Roberta Flack who inspired her as a singer.But throughout her whole entire life she was most inspired by her aunt Aretha Franklin.Arthea was her idol and she adored her and wanted to be like her when she grew up and kind of did become her! Whitney Houston debut album Whitney Houston was released in February 1985 and was a huge success.And from that album on she was a successful pop star that inspired millions of women.She died on February 11,2012.I couldn't believe she had died,but I was most piss off and mad about what the tabloids were saying about her.But no matter what anyone says she will always remain purely her in her music and I thank god everyday for bringing her into the world! She inspires me to sing and to make the most of my life! In honor and celebration of Whitney today my quotes will be from her!


"God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?"- Whitney Houston


"I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside."-Whitney Houston


"My mother taught me that when you stand in the truth and someone tells a lie about you, don't fight it."-Whitney Houston


"No, I'm not a drug addict, and neither is my husband. If that were so, you'd get a lot less work out of me. It would show in the performances and in the work."-Whitney Houston


"When I heard Aretha, I could feel her emotional delivery so clearly. It came from down deep within. That's what I wanted to do."-Whitney Houston





No comments:

Post a Comment