Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Post 87-Happy Birthday Donald O'Connor!!

Today is Donald O'Connors birthday!! I love Donald O'Connor for his amazing dancing and I'm very happy to be doing my blog on him.So Donald was born in Chicago,Illinois on August 28,1925.He at a very young age got into a car accident with his sister.He survived but his sister didn't and a couple weeks later his dad died of a heart attack.He at age 12 in 1937 started acting.He acted in the movie Sing,you sinners alongside Bing Crosby.In 1940 he went back to his regular life and stopped acting because he had outgrown the child roles.He had many good parts in the 40s playing in Mister Big and Francis.But he's most known for his role in Singing In The Rain as Cosmo.I love him in Singing in The Rain.It was the best movie he was in and is known for his performance Make Them Laugh which Makes me Laugh every time.I love his personality dancing,and style.If he wasn't born on this wonderful day the world would have missed out on an smile and a little laughter.Thank you Donald for inspiring me to always laugh! Happy Birthday Donald!!!





"I think you should make more movies, more musicals. I think the public deserves that. I think this country deserves to be able to get out and foster that talent. Give them an opportunity to become stars. I think the whole idea is wonderful."-Donald O'Connor

"It's so wonderful... if your whole day is rotten, once they start the music, it seems to melt away."-Donald O'Connor



"I didn't smoke. I didn't smoke then, and I don't smoke now. We worked every day - that keeps you in pretty good shape. We could go for a long time in one take. You had to be in good shape with Gene Kelly."-Donald O'Connor

"They put me in a harness, like a horse, to learn the back somersault. It was weird up there when I put on that harness for the first time. The courage came with practice."-Donald O'Connor


"Doing those costume pictures was wonderful."-Donald O'Connor


"I'm not a good choreographer: I can't remember what I put down."-Donald O'Connor


"Going up the walls doing somersaults, that trick took a couple of days."-Donald O'Connor


"Remember, if you do the same act for 20, 30 years it gets a little boring unless you've got something else going for you... And the orchestra really kept you going. They'd laugh at all your jokes, even if they'd been hearing them for the last 30 years."-Donald O'Connor


"That is the godawful thing about television today. Performers don't have any place to hit and miss. You're either in or you're out; you don't have a chance to become good at your craft. If you make three pictures in a row and they don't go over, you're out of the business."-Donald O'Connor


No comments:

Post a Comment