Friday, June 29, 2012

Post 55-Happy Birthday Kathy

Yesterday was Kathy Bates birthday.I love Kathy Bates and her acting.She was born in Memphis, Tennessee on June 28,1948.She went to Southern Methodist University for college where she majored in theatre and in 1970 moved to New York city to pursue her acting career.Her first big role was the role Annie Wilkes in the movie Misery. She was just brilliant in that movie and received an Academy Award and Golden Globe award for best actress.She then Starred in the amazing movie Fried Green Tomatoes playing Evelyn Couch.She has also acted in several other TV shows and some amazing movies such as the Titanic playing Margaret "Molly" Brown. She is an inspiration to me in many ways. She is an amazing actress and a very awesome person and I would love to be as good an actress as her(but not sure if anyone can do that).My quotes will be from her in honor of her belated birthday!

Her as  Margaret "Molly" Brown in the Titanic.



"I try to always stretch myself to fit the characters that have been presented."-Kathy Bates



"Every time an Oscar is given out, an agent gets his wings."-
Kathy Bates




"I look for a role that hopefully I feel empathy with and that I can understand and love, but also that has that challenge for me to play - a different kind of role, a different type of character, a different time period."-Kathy Bates


No comments:

Post a Comment