Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Post 47-Happy birthday Lionel!!!!!!!

Today is Lionel Richie's birthday. Lionel was born June 20th,1949 in Tuskegee, Alabama.He grew up on the campus of Tuskegee Institute. He and his family later moved to Joliet, Illinois where he graduted high school. He then went to Tuskegee Institute,and finnished there with a major in economics.He also studied at Auburn University for a little while. While at Tuskegee he formed several R&B groups. Then in 1968 he became a singer and  saxophonist with the Commodores. He was part of Commodores for 14 years and then in 1982 he went solo. He has done many great things in his life.He made the #1 hit with his song "Truly" and has written some other awesome songs! I love his genre of music and I love the music he writes and produces. I am honored to say that today is his 63 birthday and hope there are many more to come.He inspires me to aim for anything. He was not that influenced by music while growing up but he learned and became a star.Today my quotes will be from Lionel. Happy Birthday Lionel Richie!



I find the greatest songs in the world come out of pain, and I don't like it! Here's what it does: It strips away all of your facade. It makes you so honest. It's cleansing.-
Lionel Richie



Lionel Richie, love song, OK, thank you very much, good-bye. And all of a sudden I realized that, in my career, what has made my career has always been the surprises.-
Lionel Richie


No comments:

Post a Comment