Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Post 54-Happy Birthday Vera

Today is Vera Wang's birthday. She is an American Fashion Designer known for her wedding and bridesmaid gowns. She was born on June 27,1949 and was raised in New York City and is of Chinese descent.Vera Wang began figure skating when she was six. In high school she trained with pairs partner James Stuart, and competed at the 1968 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. When she didn't make it to the Olympics she went into the fashion industry. Through out her career she did several things.She was the senior fashion editor for Vogue for seventeen years. In 1990, she opened her own design salon in the Carlyle Hotel in New York after leaving vogue in 1987.Wang has made wedding gowns for some well known figures such as Alicia Keys,Mariah Carey,and Kim Kardashian.She has designed costumes for figure skaters such as  Nancy Kerrigan, Michelle Kwan and Evan Lysacek.Vera Wang's gowns have been futured and used in several movies and TV shows.She is a very awesome and wonderful designer. I love her designs and gowns. She got her inspirations from living in New York and being a figure skater. She inspires me to always be me and to always feel cofident and comfortable in what I'm wearing.Today she is 63 and I hope she lives longer. Today my quotes will be from Vera Wang.


"Fashion offers no greater challenge than finding what works for night without looking like you are wearing a costume."-Vera Wang


"I've been designing since I was 8. I started sketching dresses I could wear when skating. I was always involved in all aspects of skating, not just the technique, the choreography, the music, but the visual aspects, too - what I should wear."-Vera Wang



"I adore the challenge of creating truly modern clothes, where a woman's personality and sense of self are revealed. I want people to see the dress, but focus on the woman."-Vera Wang



No comments:

Post a Comment