Sunday, September 9, 2012

Post 96-Happy Birthday Otis Redding!!!



Today is Otis Reddings birthday! He is one of the most influential people in R&B and Soul Music.He was born on September 9,1941 in Dawson, Georgia.He at a very young age played instruments and sang in the choir at his church.He started getting into bands at age 15, getting small gigs and then at age 19 he released his first single.He in 1962 was signed to Stax studios and let out one of his most memorable songs,These Arms of Mine.Some of his other memorable songs is his cover of Try A Little Tenderness,Sweet Soul Music,and (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay. Throughout his career he performed with a lot of different R&B Bands and other amazing people.It was huge shock when he died on December 10th,1967 in an plane crash.When he died it just three days after recording his album ,The Dock of the Bay and it was the first posthumous album to reach the top spot on the UK Albums Chart.He shaped R&B so much and has taken part in making what R&B is today.I love him.I think he is an amazing person and inspires me in his music and style of choice in R&B.He was so soul and was so real.Today my quotes will be from him in honor of his music and life.Happy Birthday Otis!!

"Take my hand, don't be afraid. I'm wanna prove every word I say."-Otis Redding


"Action speaks louder than words and I'm a man of great experience. I know you got another man but I can love you better than him."-Otis Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment