Thursday, May 17, 2012

Post 14- Acheivement

Today was our last band concert. There is only 15 1/2 days of school left and I'm excited! I have played the French Horn for two years. I've come very far! I did this thing in February for band. It's called district band. It's basically where all the county's band students that are honors come together.What you do is you audition for it. Then if you get in you spend two days practicing several songs all day and then perform them. Out of the whole middle school district band I was the only one from Warren County Middle School to get in. So what does this have to deal with now. Well I was received my medal and certificate tonight. And I felt such a sense of achievement for me and the rest of the band. Because they have come very far too. Just cause nobody else got in doesn't mean there not as awesome. It is an optional activity. It does take some commitment and effort. Only three auditioned this year in the first place. I think more people could have made it if they auditioned but if is what it is! It also has to deal with what instrument you play. Lots of trumpets,flutes,and clarinets usually try out. The French Horn and low brass have more of a chance to get in because not s many people try out. We had a trumpet, a clarinet, and me. So today my quote is going to be about achievement and success.

Coming to understand a painting or a symphony in an unfamiliar style, to recognize the work of an artist or school, to see or hear in new ways, is as cognitive an achievement as learning to read or write or add. -
Nelson Goodman


No comments:

Post a Comment