Saturday, July 14, 2012

Post 57-Unconditional love at camp

Its been a long time since my last post. The reason behind that is because I went to camp. From July 1st to July 9th I had the best time so far this summer and one of the most memorable times at camp EVER! The camp I go to is runned by the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia and the camp is called M.A.D(music and drama) camp.The camp is held at Shrine Mont in Orkney Springs,Virginia.Shrine Mont is amazing!Most churches have retreats there and it is a set apart place from the outside world. Everyone a Shrine Mont is loved and loves unconditionally and the staff and management are so nice and caring.My camp is based around unconditional love,being the body of god,and music. The camp is focused on a biblicaly based musical which we learn and perform for our parents at the end of the week.Meanwhile my camp also hikes,swims,and everything in between.I have gone to this camp 4 years now and every year I've LOVED IT! This year I had an awesome cabin and an amazing staff.So today in honor of camp and the staff my quotes will be from the staff members and from Shrine Mont.

The shrine where we praise him.











Staff Members of M.A.D. camp:

Hannah

  •  The amazing Nurse Lynn
  • Paris Ball-Head director of all Shrine Mont camps.
  • Rosanna Hawkins-Director of M.A.D. camp
  • DJ Godinez-Music Director of M.A.D. camp
  • Sarah McGrath(Mcsarah)-Program Director
  • Connor Dolson-Art Director
  • Leah Hawkins(sister of Rosanna)- cabin Hydra counselor
  • Katie Franzel- cabin Mermaid counselor(my counselor!)
  • Virginia Lee-cabin Unicorn counselor
  • Hannah Gutman-cabin Phoenix counselor
  • Kevin Cole- cabin BigFoot counselor
  • Virginia
  • Jane Albertson-Out of cabin Counselor 


Connor playing the baritone


Kevin Cole
Connor as a zombie
Jane (the giraffe) Albertson



Kevin Cole
Jane Albertson











DJ
(Left to right)Rosanna and Paris with Rosanna's baby girl.






McSarah and Jane












DJ enjoying that watermelon 
DJ
-(DJ being the music director his number one quote which he says in his funny/trying-to-be-serious voice all the time is) "Learn your lines!"I will always remember DJ for his funniness and for this quote!
(from left to right)McSarah,DJ,and Jane.

My twin Sarah,McSarah and me
Sarah McGrath-Sarah McGrath is awesomeness! I love her! she always makes life a happy place!I love every year when she says
"We're going to hike NORTH MOUNTAIN!"
When shes says-"M.A.D. camp is here to show our passion for music and to love unconditionally in the body of god."
I will always love McSarah for her craziness and loveliness!

Katie and me
Katie Franzel-I love Katie. She always was enthusiastic and hyper! She was also very encouraging and nice. Something she said to us every night before we went to sleep was a couple verses from the bible which she loved and I grew to love too.
Luke 11:33-36-“No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy,your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. 35 See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”
I will always remember and love Katie for her enthusiasm.


(left to right)Rosanna,Kevin,Katie,Virginia,Leah,Hannah,Connor,Jane,McSarah,and DJ.
I love all the counselors and I love camp. I have plenty of other quotes from M.A.D. staff but I'm going to save them for more post to come. I cant wait till another year of camp but until then I'm just going to live everyday like its my last and live everyday with unconditional love in the body of god! Love you camp MADLY!!


left to right:Leah,Justin Bieber(Jane),Kevin,DJ,Virginia,Connor,McSarah,Katie,Hannah,and Rosanna. 
With many more camp years to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment